Colombians are supporting practical plans to:
- restore the native riparian vegetation along streams. They want cleaner water in the mountain streams and cleaner water for agricultural settlements.
- develop decentralize networks for supplying many megawatts of renewable energy with the many efficient small generators now available.
- improve shipping strategies so as to use less packaging and less fuel.
- establish reliable methods for measuring progress in emissions reduction.
- increase local food production in urban greenbelts and elsewhere.
- encourage foot, bicycle, and public transit use with practical design and inventiveness.
- devote more (60%) of new city development to green space.
Others elsewhere can, and are, supporting similar practical plans.
by Richard Sheehan
for Mago Bill III